Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The beginning

So why are we here?

Turns out I noticed that there are some problems with health care today. I mean, with health care costs continuing to skyrocket, doctors being able to spend less and less time on you as their patient, we're becoming more and more beholden to the insurance industry and the pharmaceutical companies. Except are they really helping you?

Well, okay, they might be helping some of you, in which case, congratulations. But if it's not, or you're looking for something better, well, I think I've found a few ways to do it. And here's my way of finding out.

Over the next few weeks, months, and years, I will be documenting my efforts to help you lose weight, improve your eyesight, reverse the effects of autism, debunk the myths of psychiatric "illness" (and find remedies to those, too), and how to solve common problems like headaches, colds, and allergies. And do it with combinations of supplements and video games. (Who would have thought?)

Of course, that's just what I'm thinking of as I'm writing this right now sitting in the lobby of Landmark Education here in New York at 317A W. 33rd St. In other words, I'm sure I'll come up with other cool stuff to share with you as the blog goes along.

Oh, while you're at it, check out a similarly named blog at http://healthinthenavel.blogspot.com/ all having to do with women's health and pregnancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment